So today’s Daily Prompt is about breaking the rules. I’ve done a lot of minor things, forgot to pay for things in shops, ran a red light, marijuana yoghurt. I think the most, was when I was 15, I once climbed a gate and trespassed on a Spanish football pitch for a bit of a party. The security guard came and we all ran as fast as we could back to the gate, it felt exhilarating!
Here is my Top 5 NFL rule breakers off the pitch ::
5. Name : Ryan Leaf Current Team: In Prison (Retired from Seattle Seahawks) Crimes : Drug abuse, burglary
Imprisoned in 2012 for burglary, theft, and possession of dangerous drugs. Stealing prescription painkillers, cancer whether benign or malignant does thing to you. Still – not cool Mr Ryan Leaf.
4. Name : Plaxico Burress Current Team: Pitsburgh Steelers Crimes : Unlawful carrying of a handgun, dangerous driving, writing off a lease-car
Old Plaxico wins on variety of crimes, injuring a woman by dangerous driving, he was also leased a car in return for a publicity contract for a garage, but basically wrote off the car and didn’t bother to turn for up any publicity events. The most serious though is this handgun business, it was just tucked into his jeans, started sliding down his leg and as he tried to save it, accidentally pulled the trigger and shot himself. The hospital didn’t alert the police as per normal practice for this, and they found out his gun license had expired three days previously to the incident, so, off to prison he went…
3. Name : Michael Vick Current Team: Philadelphia Eagles Crimes : Supply of banned substances, marijuana use, dog fighting
There appears to be a ring in the NFL. Seventy dogs were seized in 2007 at Vick’s home in Virginia. High-stakes gambling, end cruel execution of dogs were reported to have been carried out in the name of sport – needless to say he was sent to prison.
2. Name : Ray Lewis Current Team: Baltimore Ravens Crimes : Murder
Back in 2000, Lewis and some friends started a fight at a party in which two people were stabbed and killed. The suit he was wearing that night was never found, which all points to guilty – but then he basically sold his friends out saying they did it, in exchange for murder charges being dropped against him. Dirty bastard.
1. Name : Rae Carruth Current Team: In Prison (Carolina Panthers) Crimes : Murder, murder, murder
This guy is the worst, in my opinion. In 1999 he hired a hit man to kill his girlfriend and their unborn child. Cherica Adams was shot four times from a parked car by a hitman. She survived and told the police everything, then fell into a coma, and the baby is born by caesarian, with cerebal palsy. Carruth then pays a 3M USD bail out, on the condition of Cherica or the baby dying. So a month later she dies – at this point Carruth, this low life shit of shits, goes on the run! Found in the boot of a car outside some motel, apparently hiding in his car for days. He was charged but spared the death penalty, because he didn’t deal the fated blow himself. All because, apparently, she she refused to abort his baby.
Ok I did a bit of research on this, mainly Wikipedia, and this blog here : Bleacher Report. And oh my god there are so many bad boys in the NFL! Also worthy of note are :
- Travis Henry – Drug trafficking. Katherine: What about – Travis Henry? Daniel: He used to play for the Broncos Katherincita. That is different. What did he do I can’t remember? – Cocaine, actually, Daniel, cocaine…
- Bill Romanowski – Head-butting, punching. Not only off pitch too, he ripped off the Raiders’ Marcus Williams’ helmet in 2003, and punched him so hard it crushed his eye. They were on the same team! Roid Rage or not, this guy is a first class knob.
- Shawne Merriman – Domestic Violence. In 2009 he was charged for choking and imprisoning his former girlfriend at his own home.
- Albert Haynesworth – Fighting. Another one to throw his fists around too easily.
- Donté Stallworth – Manslaughter. Apparently drunk driving, speeding, flashed his lights to warn him (which in this country means, go and thank you), and ploughed into him anyway. He killed a construction worker on his way home. Oh dear Donté Stallworth.